Sunday, January 23, 2011

falling in love at a coffee shop.

(via Lonny Magazine)
I found this gem of a coffee shop while pursing Lonny Magazine, one of my favorite online magazines/blogs. Their blog post titled "When In: Portland," caught my eye for obvious reasons a) I live in Portland. B) the coffee shop looks like something out of one of my design dreams!


This lazy Sunday, the BF and I decided to check out Cartola. He was on board since I assured him they served Stumptown Coffee (he's so high maintenance, I mean...loyal sometimes). And it's a  bonus since it's nearly in our neighborhood. 


Instantly, when we opened the door, I fell in love. Dark, grey walls, carrera marble bistro tables, tufted bench seating, vintage modern lighting (the the exact fixtures I've priced out for our kitchen update), and a friendly guy behind the counter asking about our day. 


BF went with the 12oz non-fat latte, and I opted for a 8oz Americano. He also snuck in a delicious almond croissant. I snagged the Style and Travel sections of the New York Times, and we found ourselves enjoying the quietness of Sunday morning. Other coffee-goers brought their MacBooks and set up shop which looked like an ad for Portland - skinny jeans, scarves, and shades of grey. When a couple abandoned the two plush chairs in the window, we made our move.


If you're in the neighborhood and want a great cup of coffee and an inspiring ambiance, stop into Cartola. 

  



Cartola
2723 N 7th Ave
PortlandOR 97212




Neighborhoods: Northeast Portland, Irvington

No comments:

Post a Comment