Friday, July 15, 2011

you can't always get what you want...

You can't always get what you want.
And if you try sometime you find -
You get what you need.


Well, this is what I need folks. Actually, this is about one-third of what I'd actually like, but I'm a practical gal- I can sacrifice.


(Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Wish list: Helmut Lang Glazed Moto Jacket, Calvin Klein Calf Hair Pump,
Halogen Merino Wool V-Neck Cardigan, MARC BY MARC JACOBS 'Blade' Crystal Index Watch, MARC BY MARC JACOBS Square Sunglasses)
Grab those credit cards...today starts the official start to the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale.

Since the BF and I both have Nordstrom MOD cards, we got to enjoy pre-shopping at the preview events. He surprised me with a lovely Kate Spade leather bag - which I'm obsessed with - so I feel spoiled already.

Nordstrom is a magical place for me. For starters, my mom told me she had to wander around Nordstrom to enduce labor when my cute face was still in the womb (hence why I'm an expensive gal). Once I was out into the world, I would often scare my mom to death by hiding in the rounders of clothes. Her motherly-panic was in full swing. It was so, so fun...so was getting a balloon in the kid's shoe section. The Anniversary Sale was always the first stab at back-to-school shopping. For the next month and a half, I'd have several of those fun Sale bags in the corner of my room just waiting to have its contents be warn. Then back in 2008, I spent hours chatting it up with the BF for the first time as we wandered the different sections when he was enlisted to help style my sister's album cover shoot. We bonded over designer jeans, and later asked me to grab drinks that weekend.

From now until July 19, Nordstrom Fashion Rewards Members can earn double rewards points, while all the rest of you can just rack up some major debt. But it's worth it! The prices go back up August 1. Even though it's hard to shop for jackets and sweaters when Summer just arrived, your closet will thank you when fall rolls around.



No comments:

Post a Comment