Monday, March 28, 2011

just another manic Monday...

This weekend was a whirlwind!

Friday night, we continuted our newfound tradition of grabbing pizza with our friend Marty. Our goal is to try a new place everyweek. We decided to try a place in our neighborhood, but when we stopped into Firehouse we were turned away since they were all booked up for the night.

We went across the street to Good Neighbor Pizza. Its right next door to one of our favorite places, Breakside Brewing, so we've wanted to try it for a while. The pizza is a tad more spendy than the usual gourmet pizza we are used to, but it was totally, totally worth it!



We ended up sharing a 18" half Chicken Pesto (roasted chicken, pesto, feta & spinach) and Hog Heaven (pepperoni, spicy italian sausage, Canadian bacon, apple-smoked bacon & tomatoes). They were out of bacon (the horror) so we subsititued for salami. It was by far the most delicious pizza I've had in a while - maybe even since our best pizza experience in San Francisco last year!

Then we were feeling spontaneous, so we ended up going cosmic bowling! Hilarious to say the least!


On Saturday, I went down to Aurora for day 1 of my cousin's bridal shower. Fun to catch up with family and hang out.
My sister and I decided to go in on a gift together for the bridal shower. Instead of sticking to the registry like most other people did, I got her 2 Kate Spade bangle bracelets. They come in these adorable mini hat boxes, and they bracelets have cute phrases engraved on the inside. One was white, and said "on cloud nine." The other was purple and said "three cheers." When I bought the bangles, I went up to the counter and the sales woman ran to the back to get me some new ones instead of the ones on the floor. She wrapped them up in the boxes and tied the ribbon.

Day of the shower - our cute Kate Spade gift bag is up! Everyone's looking since it's not from Macy's or Bed, Bath and Beyond. She opens the box and goes, "Oh cute!" and I was trying to tell her to read the inscription. She looked on the inside and began reading it aloud. "Tickeling the...ivories?" Everyone was dead silent. She did an akward laugh. I was horrified. The. Wrong. Bracelet. So very awkward!

The festivities continued on Sunday, when we all went wine tasting throughout the Oregon Wine Country. All of the younger ladies piled into a limo while my cousin chauffeured the other ladies around. We stopped at Anne Amie Vineyards, Erath Winery, and Elk Cove Vineyards. Wine tasting all day on Sunday? I'm exhausted!

No comments:

Post a Comment