Wednesday, March 9, 2011

ready, ready, ready...ready to run


I'm not a runner.

But in 5 short days, I will be running in my first 5k race - Portland's Shamrock Run. I've been convinced to join my co-worker's team so we all get a $5 registration discount and she gets a sweatshirt...(there's got to be a better way to save money)!

I've been hitting the pavement pretty hard to train so I know what running a 5k feels like. My beloved iPod and Nike+ chip have been tracking my progres which makes goal-setting and tracking my workouts so easy. I'm also convinced that I need a complete workout wardrobe makeover. Running in sweaty Harvard t-shirt my step mom picked up for me on a trip back east is so not stylish, so I'm in the market to amp up my outfits. Dress for the job, right?

I've always been active with sports growing up, but running for the pure sake of running and moving your body in a forward motion is...hard. I often have to slow it down and start walking, but hey. I'm new at this running thing. And after coming across this Nike ad - maybe I am a runner afterall.

No comments:

Post a Comment