Friday, July 6, 2012

there's your sign

Pinned Image

I have found out that ink offers and deals on laptops are not my passion. I think I knew that before, but I never realized how important passion and interest were until I took this new job. I left a job I loved and a group that felt like family to seek greener pastures and it ended up not working out. Lesson learned. 


Even though I started just 3 months ago, I've decided to change my fate and have accepted a position as an Account Executive and sell billboards and other out of home advertising in the Portland market. Part of me feels like I failed - a tiny bit. But the other part of me is so damn excited that I've chosen not to settle for anything less than what makes me insanely happy. Forty plus hours a week is a long time to be doing something you don't love; and I intend to make the very best of this learning experience. So for that, I'm estatic. While I've done plenty of complaining due to the growing pains of learning a new job and industry, I've decided to change my attitude and my situation.

I start this Tuesday (after a much welcomed day off on Monday), and I can't wait to hit the streets and sell some billboards. If you know of anyone looking to advertise their business and drive traffic into their locations, please send them my way! Referrals are a girl's best friend, dontchaknow?

No comments:

Post a Comment