Sunday, October 31, 2010

hitchcock presents...

Happy Halloween!


I'm sitting at home with 3 bags of delicious candy and zero trick-or-treaters. Woops, glad we scoured 2 grocery stores at 6:30pm to have treats for the kiddies in the neighborhood... where are you!?


This afternoon, the bf and I met up with another couple to see one of the coolest movie experiences I've had to date...The Oregon Symphony presented Hitchcock's Psycho with a live orchestra playing the score. One word: Awesome. 




Through all of my media classes and film classes, I don't think I've ever watched the whole movie through. So I honestly had no idea of the story line. Embarrassing, but even more entertaining. 


okay, this isn't from Portland, but you get the idea.
As we waited under the "Portland" sign at the Schnitzer, hundreds of movie-goers arrived in costumes - from bloody doctors, mad hatters, to flappers.  Through an audience full of gasps and laughs, we thoroughly enjoyed a fun way to spend the spooky holiday. 






After scouring IMDB.com for some interesting Psycho facts, I saw a site takeover for a new 7-part documentary on TMC called Moguls & Movie Stars which features the epic stories of the moguls and movie starts who built Hollywood. It took approximately an hour to find out what channel Turner Movie Classics is on Comcast (thank god, we actually GET that channel), and it starts tomorrow night at 8pm (or 5pm for those that get the East coast feed, hooray!) I can't wait for a fall and winter full of snuggling up with classic movies and documentaries! 



"We're always quickest to doubt people who have a reputation for being honest." - Milton Arbogast

No comments:

Post a Comment